Re: [PyrNet-L] Losing Toe Nails

In a message dated 04/04/2000 9:38:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
carriecoffman@erols.com writes:

> My friend's Weimeraner, Luther, age 7, has started losing his toenails.

Purely ancedotal, so take it for what it's worth, but my vet who caters to
breeders says that some breeds have this reaction to interceptor, the
heartworm preventative, but not to heartguard.  I'm not positive but as I
recall Weimeraners and Rottweilers were two breeds she specifically mentioned
she personally has seen this with.  Exactly how she deduced that interceptor
was the culprit I have no idea.

Kelley