[PyrNet-L] Chat: Congratulations are in order

Congratulations are in order for TEAM SPGPC (Sierra Pacific Great Pyrenees
Club) who completed the MS Walk today in Sacramento California, raised over
$1,000 for the MS Walk, and earned a bronze plaque and invitations to the
fancy awards dinner/party held later in the year.  It is the only known Great
Pyrenees Team to walk in the MS Walk which is conducted in cities throughout
the nation.  The pyrs completing the walk (5 miles) received spiffy golden
yellow bandanas and gold medalians with red and white ribbons.  Special
accolades to pyr-lister Colleen Striberg for raising over $730!!!  And
finally, Sierra (the last remaining pyr at the Walk) won second in the doggie
popularity contest and the Happiest Dog contest ("for being glad the Walk was
over in that coat")  and will be receiving her own plaque.

Needless to say, we did have more than our quota of  the "what type of dog is
that?"  question.  We made quite an impression.  The lady who ran the event
in Sacramento remebered us from last year and was pleased with out success.

Elisa Ungerman
VP Sierra Pacific Great Pyrenees Club
MS Walk Team Captain