[PyrNet-L] Re: "The Plumber" (not!!)

Been a quiet time on the List of late.  Maybe we're all trying to get rid of
"the Kak worm" or busy with other things.  We've had rain here in the
Wairarapa for 7 days now and hard to keep the dogs dry and clean. Autumn is
upon us with winter on the way as you guys head for summer, (just a memory
here now).  Things in an old home tend fall apart this time of the year so
if it's not renovations then it's "home repair time"!!  Our toilet has been
gurgling like an old geyser ( Please feel free to ask me what an old geyser
is like!) for a few weeks now but push came to shove the other night when I
was "asked" would I mind NOT flushing the toilet the other night incase it
woke him up seeing as he had to go to work at 2am.  I was brought up to
flush the toilet ( except when we had the old tin tippy which contents of
had to be buried) so I took great exception to this and asked what was
wrong?  The toilet needed a new ballcock so one was brought home tonight for
installation.  The old one was taken out (and broken in the process!)  the
new one went to be installed and lo and behold it was the wrong size!! (why
am I not surprised??).  A small makeshift job was then done which resulted
in water spouting from everywhere because he had not turned the water off at
the mains before starting to be "Mr Plumber".  In the middle of this with
the toilet door open in got a small Pyrenean puppy who had been digging
outside just minutes before and was covered in mud and dirt!!  He and the
overflow of water met and I'm still trying to clean the mess up!! Leaks all
contained now but the sound would be Niagara Falls on a quiet day.  There
are usually two things banned from this house for the "home handyman" and
they are plumbing and electricity. I now have another 5 hours of  not
flushing  so he's not kept awake.  The public loos down the road appear very
attractive at this stage.  Then when he goes to work at 2am I shall flush my
little heart out! I have been assured that "all will be well" until he
brings the new part home tomorrow. I am not sure if it's still pouring with
rain outside or it's our "dunny"!!
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans