[PyrNet-L] GPCA

Hello:

I am relatively new to the list (lurking for about a month or so) and
new to Pyrs. I adopted a rescue Pyr about two weeks ago and just love
her.

I was wondering, though. Why is the GPCA so closed to new members? I
anticipated joining once I got my Pyr and benefiting from the Club and
its services. Then I realized you can't join until you have been
recommended by two long term club members who have known you for over a
year. Why the exclusivity? By the time I am able to join, I will have
had a good long time to feel unwelcome and excluded. It seems to me that
a national club should be available to new owners, especially new rescue
owners, for education and enlightenment and opportunity.

I wrote to the club and got no response. Any thoughts?

Denise