[PyrNet-L] GPCA Bulletin

Actually I subscribe to several publications put out by organizations I am
ineligible to join.  The Bulletin has evolved from a pretty show-oriented
newsletter into a more general interest magazine about Pyrs and Pyr
ownership.  Subscribing for a year might be a great way to find out if the
GPCA is an organization you would WANT to join, and by that time you will
probably have known 2 GPCA members for a year and can join if you  choose
to.  It really isn't THAT exclusive.

Regional clubs are a lot more fun, however, and do the trench work of
supporting the breed during the year between GPCA Annual Meetings.  For
most of us the GPCA only exists for one week a year (but WHAT a
week--wishing I were in CA right now).  Our regional club has 5 or 6 major
events each year, lots of more informal activities, and committee work
goes on all the time.  Anyone over 18 who will agree to abide by our code
of ethics can join the Penn-Dutch GPC and I don't think the requirements
are much more stringent for most regional clubs.

While Pyr ownership (being owned by a Pyr?) is rewarding in itself, the
regional clubs and the GPCA have promoted lots of interactive activities
like obedience, therapy work, carting, agility, etc. which can make life
with Pyrs even more fun and rewarding.

David

 David Kintsfather, Ph.D.       | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Prof. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | E-MAIL:      kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     | "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |              Francis David