Re: [PyrNet-L] GPCA

On 18 Apr 00, at 19:53, EFPico@gateway.net wrote:

> Sorry to be a little blunt here - but why in the world would I subscribe
> to a journal published by a club that I am unable to join because of it
> membership requirements?

One reason might be to keep abreast of health and welfare issues on
the breed.  The GPCA Bulletin is the first to publish articles on
health issues that have recently surfaced, along with articles on
studies being done on Dwarfism, heart and eye conditions that have
been reported in the breed, etc. As well as the normal pyr interest
stories about pyrs and their people and Regional Club activities for
members, this publication features articles on training and behavior
as well as feature articles of LGD interest. Anyone interested in the
welfare of the breed can benefit from this publication.  Any
knowledge I can obtain on the breed helps me to keep my pyrs healthy
and a good representative of the breed.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico