Re: [PyrNet-L] GPCA Bulletin

In a message dated 4/18/00 8:28:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kintsfat@kutztown.edu writes:

<< Regional clubs are a lot more fun, however, and do the trench work of
 supporting the breed during the year between GPCA Annual Meetings.  For
 most of us the GPCA only exists for one week a year (but WHAT a
 week--wishing I were in CA right now).  Our regional club has 5 or 6 major
 events each year, lots of more informal activities, and committee work
 goes on all the time.  Anyone over 18 who will agree to abide by our code
 of ethics can join the Penn-Dutch GPC and I don't think the requirements
 are much more stringent for most regional clubs.

 While Pyr ownership (being owned by a Pyr?) is rewarding in itself, the
 regional clubs and the GPCA have promoted lots of interactive activities
 like obedience, therapy work, carting, agility, etc. which can make life
 with Pyrs even more fun and rewarding.

 David >>

David has a great attitude and has some very valid points.  He must realize
that he happens to be located in an area with a very active regional club.
There are many areas that do not have same, so it is quite different point of
view for them.

Joe