[PyrNet-L] GPCA bulletin

EFPico@gateway.net wanted to know why one would want to subscribe to the GPCA bulletin if not a GPCA member.  Because, when it comes you drop everything else and settle down in a chair to read it.  Because the articles are both heartwarming and informative, and much longer and in greater depth than most messages on our forums (which I love too).  Because of the pictures of dogs you only know by name... Because of the up-to-date pictures of your own dogs' parents and littermates and nieces and nephews...Because, sometimes, of the moving memorials noting the passing of a dog you may have known or only met once, but never forgotten.

I don't show or often even go to shows (twice in six years) but for me the Bulletin is a combination of the White Flower Farm catalog arriving in the middle of winter, Life magazine with its great pictures, and an update from your high school yearbook, complete with new pictures (when you really liked your high school buddies...)

Through the Bulletin I had read an article on dwarfism so that at a PFNE fun day I was able to recognize and talk semi-intelligibly about the dwarf Pyr who was a guest there.  And the rescue personnel names and phone numbers are there close at hand for the calls I get fairly frequently from people needing help. And if my breeder moves, her new address is there in the Bulletin in case *I* need help.

I hope one comes in the mail soon..

Gerry Kemske and Tuff Travis and little rescue Sugar