Re: [PyrNet-L] GPCA Bulletin/Membership

In a message dated 4/26/00 7:02:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

<<  Let me assure you that
 Jack the Ripper or the Boston Strangler could be a member as long as he paid
 his fee!! How these clubs can appropriately screen people is beyond me and
 what really needs screening apart from any previous convictions of cruelty
 to animals or being expelled from one of these clubs previously or the
 governing body (NZKC here)?  Unless you had "insider information" how would
 you know who is suitable to be a member of any organisation?  Is this where
 the knowing of 2 members of the Parent body comes into the equasion for x
 amount of years? >>

Well, Jack the Ripper and Boston Strangler could be a member of the GPCA if
they were properly politically connected as well.  Even people who rescue
Pyrs and sell them for breeding stock to farmers and present themselves to
the naive public as being "agents" to all Pyr breeders i.e. you have to deal
through me in order for breeders to consider you for one of their puppies,
are OK.  These are not secrets.  So what do we screen for and who do we
eliminate?  We know we eliminate someone if they have disputes with others
who are properly politically connected.  Other than that I know of no others.

Joe