Re: [PyrNet-L] Degenerative Myelopathy

Angela,

Our vet has had very promising results treating degenerative myelopathy
with choline loading, specifically with a product called Cholodin.  More
than 50% of dogs she has tried it on respond and in many cases they
achieve almost full recovery.

Our girl has had some minor symptoms of myelopathy, but her neurological
system really took a hit from vincristine, a chemo agent used for lymphoma
known to be a neurotoxin.  She got better than 50% of her rear end
function back with Cholodin.  It is also one of the cheapest supplements
of the many we use.  I think it costs about $14 a month.

We use one tablet twice a day for a 90 pound Pyr, but check with your vet
FIRST!!!  We worked up to this dose gradually!

Also, Cholodin MAY increase pain responses, so be aware of this and
discontinue if your dog seems to be experiencing heightened pain.

David
 David Kintsfather, Ph.D.       | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Prof. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | E-MAIL:      kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     | "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |              Francis David