[PyrNet-L] re: myelopathy

There are really no "minor symptoms" of myelopathy.
Although many dogs can and do live for years with it, it is a
 progressive and degenerative disease and one does not have a full
recovery or even a partial recovery.  The best that can be hoped for is to
slow the progress.

We lost one of our older girls to it last year, although
the disease itself did not kill her, it prevented her from getting up and
ultimately we had to put her down.

There is a website that you can look up some information on, and also
you can contact Linda Weisser  co-chair of the GPCA Health Committee.  She
has extensive knowledge of DM, and will be happy to help you I'm sure.
She also has had a dog with the disease, so knows many of the stages.

the website address is:
http://redrival.com/mzjf/

and Linda's email address is:  lmweisser@olywa.net

best,