Re: [PyrNet-L] Degenerative Myelopathy

According to my M. S. book, it occurs more frequently in families, rather
than the public at large, but is not really considered genetically
inherited.  According to my neurologist, it is rarely seen that way at
all.  In dogs does it occur more in females than males ( as in humans )
and do dogs also get it more between 40 and 60 degrees latitude north, as
humans do?

I had heard that a derivative of one of the kennel cough
( dogs ) drugs was being tested for human M. S. to slow symptoms.  I am
sorry I can't remember the name of it off hand.  But it might be worth
looking into with a Vet. to see if this might also be helpful in some
form for the dogs?
Beyond the kennel cough aspect, I mean.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka