Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: hot weather

In a message dated 5/4/2000 9:06:40 AM EST, jack.mowery@asc.mhmr.state.tx.us
writes:

<< One good way to provide relief is to get them a sandbox.  >>
Sand would probably be much easier to get out of their fur than our SC clay
<VBG>.

Our guys tend to stay in the shade when their outside.  Inside, Zoe and Kes
lay on top of the a/c vents and Baron stretches out on the sun room floor
which has tile.  Tanuki is our LGD, and he makes himself a hole in the back
of the stall.  The ground there is cool and although he gets dirty quicker,
he keeps cool.

We try to take them out for walks early in the morning, as this is the
coolest part of the day.  But if we can't do that, it's later at night.
Furman University has a big lake and many fountains that are fun to walk
around even in the summer.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC