Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Bo has surgery

I helped do the x-rays at the Vet today. We got the side shot
done OK, but had to tranquilize Bo to do the other one. He would
not lie still on his back or his belly to get the second x-ray.
Then I helped carry him in to do the ultrasound and watched that
done. If  I'd not had to get to work I could have stayed for the
neutering surgery and teeth cleaning. While I was helping the
Tech with the x-ray, Tom, the Vet, was doing a feline spay on the
table behind me. The cat turned out to have a mucoumetra(SP?)
precursor to pyometra! Her uterus was full of mucous! He finished
the feline spay, gave Bo the tranquilizer, we did the second
x-ray then the ultrasound. Tom showed me on the ultrasound the
prostatitis, said he should be neutered, and I said OK. I asked
Tom if he could do it right away since Bo was already out. He
said sure, and we put him in the surgery. I watched them put the
tube down his throat and hook up the gas. Tom asked if I wanted
to stay, but I Had to get to work! Darn! Would have been
interesting to watch, I'm sure! Gave Bo a kiss, told him I loved
him, and left after giving one of the girls my work number. Don't
know if Tom really had the time to do him today, but that's the
kind of guy he is. Maryann, his wife, is the Vet I usually see
for the routine stuff, Tom does the surgery. When I called this
afternoon I spoke to Maryann. She said she had been keeping a
close eye on Bo to make sure he was doing OK, which he is. I
trust my Vets and if something untoward had happened, I know they
would have done everything humanly possible to save Bo. Now, if I
could only find a people Doctor half as good as my Vets! LOL

Barb Bowes
Bo, Molly, Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com