Re: [PyrNet-L]New President of RACP

Very significant history in the world of Pyrenees occurred last week.  The
Reunion des Amateurs de Chiens Pyreneens, RACP, elected Alain Pecoult as only
its fourth President since its formation in the 1920, s.  The names that
proceed Alain include the legendary Bernard Senac-lagrange and Charles
Duconte.  Guy Mansencal, who stepped down, preceded Alain.

Alain teaches English in France and thus has been a true lifeline to all of
use who have sought out the French in our endevors to educate yourselves.
Still a young man, he just turned 50 this year, he was born and raised on a
farm in Provence.  I believe he may have returned to this farm of his
childhood, where he now lives with his dogs.    He is an international judge
and judges multiple breeds.  He Breeds the little Berger, or Pyrenean
Shepherd.  He has owned Pyrs, but his breeding interest has been the little
dog.  Alain has judged and spoken on the breed worldwide including North
American, Japan, England, and all over Europe extensively.  He began his
duties with the RACP in 1978 as Treasurer.  He has since held the offices of
Secretary, and Vice President.  He has judged the Championship Specialty of
the RACP multiple times as well as the French National Championship show in
Paris.  He has judged the National Specialty Shows in Canada and England as
well as several Regional Specialty Shows in the USA.

My personal view is that Alain will be a great asset to the breed as
President of the RACP and as asset to all of us interested in the breed.

Joe