[PyrNet-L] Sandboxes

<<This has been a stunning success for us (thanks to the Huggards of
Gainesville FL for both idea and sandbox plans!). Only problem is, now we
need another one for Ivy Rose. She has been known to con Paddington into
barking, so that he has to come in--then she makes a bee-line for the
sandbox!>>

I'm glad to know the sandbox is so popular with Paddington and the very smart
Ivy Rose.  It's always been a favorite of our pyrs and all the dogs that
visit our home.  We had the same problem about sharing so we've just recently
added a 2nd sandbox and it's quite a sight to see our two pyrs laying side by
side in thier own sandbox.  It does offer a cool place from which to lay and
guard, but another benefit is that it seems to confine digging to within the
box itself.  We read many years ago that all dogs should have at least one
place where they are allowed to dig and our pyrs restrict all digging to the
sandbox.  That helps the landscaping in the back yard, but there's still that
bare path from the sandbox to the fence that we can't seem to do anything
about <g>.

Nancy Huggard
Gainesville, FL