Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: introduction of Wolves into Yellowstone

There is a very famous painting by the very famous animal artist,
Jean-Baptiste Oudry, depicting a group of dogs in mortal combat with a wolf.
The painting, La Chasse au Loup, was done in 1746 and hangs in a museum in
France.  It depicts all the fury and mortal struggle between the Wolf and
dogs.  In this painting it shows four dogs, two of which are Pyrs.  A
magnificent work and if you view it on my web page, one can get the feeling
of the struggle that has occurred during the ages between our wonderful dogs
and one of its natural predator foes, the Wolf.  I think we are revisiting
this today, possibly having never known "how it was".  This 1746 masterpiece
certainly shows it.  Fearsome, to say the least!!

The URL is:

http://www.pyrenean-journal.com/Pyrenean_Journal.html

You might need to scroll down some to see the painting.

Joe