Re: [PyrNet-L] A Nasty Encounter

Jeanne-
    One of my Pyr's is very dog aggressive to every dog except her sister who
she lives with. If anyone provokes her, she will attack and it is not pretty.
It is also hard to tell when this is going to happen because she was debarked
before we got her and you cannot even hear if she is growling. She'll just
snap. I have found that when this happens, especially if you have two people
who want to break up the fight, you can get behind each of the dogs and pull
them apart by their tails. This confuses them and they don't understand why
they are being pulled away, but it also protects you from being bitten since
you are behind them and not in the middle. Hope this helps!

-Emily Hainsworth
Castle Rock, CO
D3melza@aol.com