[PyrNet-L] DOBOTRI PET SHOP PUPS - Please read

  I did not write it.  It was written by another dog rescue person.
Pam

Hi Everyone!

I am sending this post to a number of lists/individuals  - so if yours is a
duplicate, I apologize.

Had a long chat with Judy, Director at Metro Nashville Animal Control
tonight - and all the surviving puppies are hanging in there.  She is very
worried about one little Lhasa female who weighs less than 2lbs and has NO
teeth.  One can only wonder if she really is 10 weeks old (hmmm). Or quite
how she was supposed to eat during the 'trucking'.

Judy has brought six of the weakest ones home with her tonight so she can
take care of them but she is very worried she may lose the little Lhasa.
Everything that can be done is being done.

Anyway - to the real purpose of my post.  Donations are still needed.  They
have plenty of food and Petsmart allocated a sum of money, the majority of
which was used to buy brand new big crates with easy clean trays.  The vet
bills are mounting although the Nashville vets are beginning to chip in with
some pro-bono help. Yeah, vets!

150  is a LOT of pups to look after !  Basics like bleach, paper towels,
mops, shredded newspaper, are ongoing needs.  Some blankies and towels have
been donated but these get badly soiled very fast and need to be replaced
frequently.  I forgot to ask how good her washer and driers are (g)  Ours
used to croak on a regular basis here!  The puppies aren't good at drinking
out of regular bowls so the clip on the cage style ones are needed.

I need you to check to see if you all have catalogs from Pet Suppliers
handy.  If you do please will you send me the name, address, telephone
number and URL/email addy if they have it. If you know a contact person
personally that would be a big help.
Privately would be good.

Judy has asked me to make contact with some of these suppliers on her behalf
to see if they would kindly donate items for the pups.
Please DO NOT do this for me.  It will just muddy the waters and may prevent
possible donations.

The Mayor of Nashville has come out strongly in favor of fighting for the
puppies and the Assistant District Attorney is also now involved.  I am
waiting for names and addresses for these individuals so we may write to
thank them.  A definite feather in the cap of the City of Nashville in a
state that hasn't got the best record of helping animals.  I'm sure they
realize the national spotlight is on them after the DATELINE/Pat Adkisson
expose and maybe those adorable little faces didn't hurt either!

One other good point, because of all the extra media attention the public
has been arriving and the adoptions of 'regular' shelter animals is up
significantly.

Thanks for your attention and feel free to pass this on, but it is very
difficult for me to answer specific inquires.  The Metro email is still
broken which makes communication hard and the same basics apply.  No
fostering or adoptions are allowed on these puppies at this time, so please
dot ask as the answer sadly will have to be no.

Cash donations (checks to Metro Nashville Animal Control)

Metro Nashville Animal Control  (mailing address only)
c/o 311 23rd Ave, N
Nashville
TN 37203

Don't forget - your breed probably has a least one 'representative' among
these puppies.  Even a $1 bill will help.

And Judy thanks you for all your offers of support.

Her husband Fred just wants this all to be over so he can
have his wife back (g)

Victoria King
hero@bigplanet.com
Chinese Crested Rescue ( + other small dogs)
Orlando, Florida
Hero's Waggin Train
http://www.StBernardRescue.org/heroswaggintrain/  (new)
MOreRescue @ www.egroups.com