Re: [PyrNet-L] In-Ground Digester

Are you able to use a composting system it may be cheaper and works very well. However a garden is needed. System is simply a large bin with lid. You cut the bottom out and sit it directly on the ground in a shady spot. The other ingredient is to have wood shavings or soil then you simply layer dog doo with other ingredients. We run two bins for 4 dogs. One is composting while the other is in use. The results are then put on garden. DONOT use for vegetables just in case of disease.

No smell and have been using this for the last 8 or so years.

Liz (The Pyrs and 1 Maremma).

kdbooth wrote:

Does anyone use an in-ground digester system to dispose of droppings?  I'm thinking about installing one and would like to hear back from pyr people who use them.  How well do they work?  Is there an odor problem?  Do you know of any environmental impacts? Thanks!Kim