Re: [PyrNet-L] Re:flea prevention

<<Brewer's yeast can cause allergies in some dogs so be watchful for them.
Generally it causes a skin condition of some type........ On a side note, I
have a friend who has had some trouble with panosteitis. Since she's been
giving Brewer's yeast to her dogs she's not had any more problems with
pano!>>
Barb Bowes

Yep, Brewers yeast is great stuff, but some dogs can react to it.  Yucky ear
infections or the plain old 'itchies' are two possibilities.  I used it for
ages until I twigged that one of my dogs recurring ear infections might be
related to it.  I haven't had any problems with her ears (yet?) since taking
her off it (a tip if your dog has recurring ear infections - look for yeast
in anything you are feeding, including supplements).  An alternative to
giving brewers yeast is to give a Vitamin B supplement.

Re the Pano - another one I have heard works well is Bromelaine which is
actually derived from pineapples!

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au