[pyrnet] Clever Leo :-)

We are having a deck added to our house and each day when the carpenter
comes, he brings his basenji/lab mix with him. Leo, my 8 month old Great Pyr,
outweighs this dog by about 75 pounds, but has been intimidated by him. When
this dog comes over, he takes all Leo's bones nd toys, piles them up and then
won't let Leo near them (this is out in the yard). Anyway, a little while ago
I was watching the two dogs and Leo did something really clever. He went and
found an old tennis ball (he hates balls. Has no interest in them and I have
never seen him pick one up) and ran over to the small dog and waved the ball
in his face. Then he ran a few feet away and dropped the ball. The smaller
dog hesitated for only a second before running over to get the ball. When he
did, Leo dashed over, grabbed his favorite rawhide bone and ran off with it!
He clearly planned this out to recapture his favorite toy. It was really
interesting to watch.

Katie

The Great Pyrenees as Pet Page at :
http://hometown.aol.com/oxymomkate/index.html