Re: [pyrnet] Behaviour issues

The incidents that I wrote about were out and out aggression. I
was there, I saw those dogs viscious responses. Our first Pyr had
also previously bitten my husband in the face. The second time it
was a 2 year old child bitten in the face and she/we were very
lucky the bite didn't take her eye! There was no question in my
two cases. I agonized over this both times. I was sure we had
done something terribly wrong as far as raising these dogs. Must
have been my fault as Pyrs don't behave this way. I felt guilty
about it for years. What I have learned is that I made the right
decision, for my two dogs. Unfortunately, we live in a sue happy
country. Even if an injury is from the scratch of a toenail,
people claim it is a bite. They get more money that way. My
daughter was bitten a couple of times by neighbor dogs. Minor
bites. Instead of calling lawyers, I called the Vet to make sure
they were up to date on their shots and that was the end of it.

Barb Bowes
Bo, Molly, Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com