[pyrnet] Responsibility

Correct me if I'm wrong,  but aren't even pyrenees potentially dangerous
dogs, if only by sheer size? Why are there so many pyrenees in rescue,
along with every other breed of dog?  Responsibility means knowing all
about the breed of dog you are getting and being well aware, if you have
children, what is required of you and the children in order to live with
that animal for the rest of his natural life.
I am not referring to brain lesions, seizures or anything else unforseen
beyond the owner's control.  Dogs and cats are not expendable because an
owner can't be bothered anymore or a child is accidentally scratched.
There most likely isn't a dog or cat who lives with humans who hasn't
accidentally broken the skin of the owner.  If every accidental scratch
or nip is to be automatically deemed a prelude to cujo, there won't be a
cat or dog left alive.  Responsibility is finding out why the incident
happened and correcting it, if possible or even necessary.  Using
children as the excuse isn't valid.  People either have children when
they decide to get a dog or they intend on having them.  Either way,
responsibility is taking care of all living things.  Animals are not
toys for the amusement of children.  It's a commitment.  If you don't
have the time for animals, be responsible and don't get them in the
first place.  Unforseen illnesses and injuries that change behaviour in
children don't result in euthanasia, surrenduring  them for adoption or
dumping them by the side of the road.  Why is that the normal procedure
for animals that aren't perfect?
If there were fewer animals, their lives would become more valuable and
worth saving.  Unfortunately man is the cause of the rampant
overpopulation by his ignorance and greed. I don't know why the majority
of humans think they're so vastly superior to animals, when there's
nothing to warrant it.
Citing incidents of children being mauled is just throwing sand in the
air. Many children mutilate and torture animals, deliberately and
premeditated, but it's irrelevant to this.
Inga