Re: [pyrnet] behavior issues

From: <clhenke@juno.com>
<< all of this has been based on Katie asking about her nine year old
female's behavior, and I think that there is a lot more that would have to
be known to pass a death sentence down on that dog, or even deem her
dangerous. And I still think it deserves respect.  >>

I don't think that anyone disrespected Katie and when you ask for
information on a list, any list, you're going to get varying opinions.

What Katie wrote was:
"I don't think she sees my kids as "lesser" as much as annoying to a grumpy
old lady like herself. They do walk her and pet her and give her her
biscuits. The times she has been aggressive, it's almost like she snapped --
it wasn't her normal personality she was exhibiting at those times."

Note the statement "times she has been aggressive".  This would appear that
this has happened more than once.  And my concern is that if she is not
exhibiting her normal personality, what is really going on?  How serious of
a problem are we talking about?  When my grumpy old lady had kids around,
even when she was dying of cancer, she would give a low warning growl to the
kids because she didn't want to be bothered.  She would never have bit or
nipped.  My primary concern is for the kids.  How much will this dog *take*
before it goes off again?  What will happen next time?  I would not allow
her to be near the kids.  What is done beyond that is not my decision to
make.

Karen
kreiter@servtech.com

---