[pyrnet] Pico meets the Atlantic Ocean

    Last weekend Pico went on a weekend trip to the shore, the Rhode Island
shore to be precise, accompanied by his driver/walker/esteemed purveyor of
food, me. He attracted the usual amount of interest on our walk to the beach,
the usual 20 questions, the stares, cars stopping on the road, that sort of
thing and took it all in stride.
    Then we hit the beach and he went wild.  Running up and down in the sand,
jumping in the series of foxholes kids are driven to dig, flipping seaweed up
in the air with his nose, trying to climb the lifeguard chairs, etc. When we
got down to the surf, he was ecstatic. Here was water that wanted to play
with him! He chased it. It chased him back. He barked. It roared. He lapped
up about a gallon of seawater and ended up with seafoam on his gumdrop nose.
I laughed so hard, I had to sit down.
    All in all, I don't know who had a better time, him or me (or the people
on the beach watching him). Two questions came to mind while I was watching
him. One, Is snarfing up all that seawater going to hurt him? He did get
plenty of water before and after the walk. Two, does he have to be bathed
after these trips? Any info is welcome.

Elaine and Pico (when are we going back to the beach Mom?)