[pyrnet] Responsibility

I used to have problems "disciplining" a child when the adult Pyrs were
close. The child knew this and would commit mayhem when she knew her
guardians were nearby. They would stand next to her while my fingers itched
to slap a bottom. There is a great bond between children and Pyreneans and
to hear of a Pyr biting a child means that the temperament of that Pyr is
not correct for the Breed. Usually as Joe says, they walk away. To ever hear
of a Pyr biting anyone is difficult for many of us to believe but sadly it
happens. I recall one of the early Breeder's here (1970's) say that she
would rather put a dog down than rehome it again and have another family
bitten. Frightening words to a new person in the breed. Maybe she should
have looked closer at some of the temperaments in her lines.
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/
 send a Pyr Posty http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/cards.html
 join here http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
or visit here http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/