[pyrnet] storms

Can I make a suggestion here and it's what a Pyr friend does.  She has ACE
(Acepromazine sp?) on hand from her vet these days and when the storm,
thunder etc is about to hit she gives the bitch two of the 25mg tablets to
calm her right down.  Side effects are minimal in this case.  She has tried
all sorts of other things, herbal etc but with no relief. ACE seems to be
the only medication that will work. Dosage is on bodyweight. Thunderstorms
are regular occurences in her part of NZ. She has the bitch in the bedroom,
curtains drawn so she's close to them.  Other people may not approve of this
form of medication  but it works for this Pyr. Why some are so terrified and
some don't give a hoot we'll never know??
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/
 send a Pyr Posty http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/cards.html
 join here http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
or visit here http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/