[pyrnet] Re: CHAT, BEHAVIOR: Lifting A Leg?

Funny to hear all your comments about males lifting their legs when peeing, so many of yours seem not to do it. I wonder if it has something to do with beeing neutered early or maybe different breeding, because I have had the completely opposite experience, that pyrs are very keen on lifting legs and start doing it very young, compared to many other breeds. My own males and late sold puppy males here have all started to lift their legs between 3 to 5 month, and this is also what I hear from puppy buyers, regardless of whether the dog is an only dog or in a home wiht other males.
My first male, who was neutered at 18 month, would sometimes squat like a horse to pee as the last thing in the evening, as if emptying himself before the night, but never at anyother times.

Most of my females mark territories when out walking, just as the males does, some of them lift a leg to do it, others don't, but it does not seem to have any connection to who is dominant or who is not.

Lene Nielsen
sandybear@intercity.dk
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/