Re: [pyrnet] Size

In a message dated 6/28/00 10:00:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mushroom@gator.net writes:

>  Although I have not a purebred Pyr but a Pyr/Maremma mix, the general rule
> of
>  thumb with Juma's first 9 months was that she weighed about twice her
weeks
> in
>  age ... at 10 weeks, she was 20 pounds, at 20 weeks she was 40 pounds ...
> she
>  leveled off around 9 months.  She was always larger than her other mixed
>  littermates ... purebreds follow a different growth pattern, I'm sure.
> Females
>  are also usually on the smaller end of the weight scale.

I was told to expect my Leo to grow about eight-ten lbs per month for the
first year. He is at 96 lbs now at almost nine months, so that pattern has
really held for him. He is exceptionallly tall, so I expect him to fill out
quite a bit more.

katie

The Great Pyrenees as Pet Page at :
http://hometown.aol.com/oxymomkate/index.html