[pyrnet] Chat: Molly update

When I stopped in the Vet's office this morning to check on
Molly, she was quite a bit better! Had made it outside to potty
with one Tech holding the lead and the Vet holding up her tail!
The Vet said she could probably come home tomorrow. Horrors! I
have to work until well into the afternoon tomorrow, and what
with the 4th of July tourist traffic, leaving work, picking up
Molly, bringing her home, (we live in a town that is right on the
ocean) and then having to head way out west again, the day was
not promising. I had hoped my regular Vet planned to be home all
day and that way I could stop and pick her up on my way home. She
couldn't promise that she'd be there when I got there, so.... I
spoke to the Vet that's been taking care of Molly, and he said
she could come home, today! She's on crate rest and goes back in
on Wednesday for a re-check, weather permitting. With no A/C in
the Suburban and all this traffic, if it's too hot we'll wait a
day or so. She's on Cortisone and it seems to be helping. We had
some trouble getting out of the Vet's office (tile floor, the
Tech's were all busy. The place was a zoo today!) But we managed.
Once I got her through both doors I just picked her up and
carried her to the truck. When w got home I managed to carry her
up the stairs without killing us both and she's been happily
ensconced in the crate ever since. I've prepared a somewhat
larger area for her away from the other dogs, and I'm working on
coaxing her out of the crate so I can get her there. I'd also
like to get her outside to potty. So far she's turned herself
around, but is having none of leaving the crate! :-) I want to
thank you all for the public and private emails. I will answer
them all as soon as I can find the time. You've really helped me
through this crisis and I'm sure all the good thoughts and
prayers sent Molly's way made all the difference for her, they
sure made everything much easier for me!

Barb Bowes
Bo, Molly, Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com