Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: PFNE Fun Match Photo's

Hi Karen--

Thanks for the "Fun Photos".  They are great!  Lilly does look good, if
I do say so myself!  <G>

I had someone call me today (got my name from Mary Brownell) to ask if
we could take his four year old male Pyr.  The dog had (in the owners
words) "visciously attacked a smaller dog" that was walking by their
property on lead with its owner!  Apparently the Pyr was not on lead.
They have had the dog for two years having got it from a family in
northern VT.  I told him that we could not take the dog.  He said that
the Humane Society told him the same thing.  I told him that my best
advice was to put the dog down, and he seemed to understand.  He also
seemed to understand about the liability, not only to our club, but to
himself, if he happened to find someone to take the dog.

Whew!  It was hard.  I'm starting to understand more closely the
difficult decisions that you have to make every day.

We lost another Mal in foster today.  He was in the Boston area, treated
for HW, developed a limp, x-ray showed cancer.  Went to the Bridge with
his foster parents by his side.

We really are angels.  We really will get a place in heaven--or at the
Bridge! :)

No puppies yet!  Ginger is hanging (literally) in there.  Kennel not
finished--it will probalby snow first!

Hope your trouble with "you know who" is lessened.

Have a good weekend.

Cath