Re: [pyrnet] RE:poor eater

Kim,
I have a 7 year old bitch who is a terrible eater.  The 2 boys are quite the opposite.   Paige came to me with the warning, "she doesn't eat" and that is still true.  I fussed, cooked meals, changed food brands & flavors until one day I realized she was not going to starve.   Make certain whatever you feed is the best quality since so little is going in.  Until recently I considered a cup eaten twice a day great success.  Yes, she is skinny and has always been skinny.  She doesn't have worms--you might want to check your dog too.
Just recently mine has decided to eat--after 5 years--and will greedily eat a premium senior dog food....if it has a splash of meat drippings with cooked red chile mixed through!  Miss the chile and she'll come looking for it. I guess each dog has its own special "comfort" food....<bg>
Hang tough, your puppy is just doing what puppies do--get pickey.  Perhaps she is asking for a more adult type food.  I hope your's grows out of this, but if not, be patient.  Not all Pyrs are meant to be giants.
Hi all.  I'm a new Pyr owner with a question.  Igot my first Pyr 2 months ago.  Osa is 41/2months old and we can't seem to get her excited about of all things, EATING.  Has anyone ever heard of a dog that doesn't like to eat?  The vet said she is thin but not too thin
Thanks for any help
Kim & Osa