[pyrnet] Re; Grooming fee/double dewclaws

Tend to agree Barb, best to leave the dewclaws alone. With an older animal
it becomes surgery with stitches and chance of infection.  Only ever had one
rip a dewclaw but if you could have seen those dewclaws then you would have
seen why!  Placed too far up the leg and not strongly attached. She did get
them caught just the once in 8 years. Never crossed my mind to have them
removed even after the "one off".  I can breed puppies without doubles never
mind removing them from those who have them!!
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/
 send a Pyr Posty http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/cards.html
 join here http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
or visit here http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/