Re: [pyrnet]

In a message dated 07/29/2000 2:05:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lochsloy@eagnet.com writes:

<<
 Date:  07/29/2000 2:05:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  lochsloy@eagnet.com (Dennis & Marie McFarland)
 Sender:    owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
 To:    pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org (Pyr Net-L)

 Hi everyone! I have a question. In the last month or so Beau has started to
lick patches of fur off on his back leg and now on his front leg. He has
licked the front one so much that he broke the skin and made it bleed. I have
taken him to the vet about the first one on his hind leg and she determined
that it was two fire ant bites that caused the initial irritation and gave me
meds for the inflammation. And the hair is slowly growing back. I have looked
at the new one on his front leg and can see no bites. I cleaned it up with
peroxide. But I need some way to get him to leave it alone long enough for it
to heal. Any suggestions would be welcome.
 Marie and Beau

 <HEAD>
 <META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv >>
   I've had it suggested to me from the pyrnet list to use Gold Bond
medicated powder.  I've tried this for both bites, and one hot spot. It
worked great for both, it seems to help with the healing, and must taste
awful because they won't lick it.  Charlie