Re: [pyrnet] "Lurking"

In a message dated 8/10/00 4:49:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Thea.Gunnells@espire.net writes:

<<  He is supposed to be a Pyr.  He looks more like a Kuvasz (neck and head)
 with the tan ears of a Pyr to me.  At least that's what I figure from
 looking at the AKC photos on the net.  But, I'm not a professional and I'm
 not sure.  If there's anyone that can look at one (my Pyr) and tell the
 difference between him and a Kuvasz, given that they are supposed to be
 cousins, I'd love to send you a photo and let you tell me what you think I
 have.  As for now, his papers say he is a Pyr. >>

He probably is a Pyr that had color markings just around one eye when young.
These dogs, marked just around one eye, appear to be different size eyes,
when it is only the amount of pigment around the eye and undercoat.  We have
had some over the years.  Sometime they look cross-eyed as well.  Not so,
just an optical illusion.  I would not pay too much attention to some of the
dogs you see on the net.  Many are way to heavy headed.  Most likely the one
you have that you think are closer to the Kuvasz is closer to the original
dog than what you are seeing on the net.

Joe