Re: [pyrnet] Transfer of Information

>>Jodi has explained herself better, but I don't think she should be
>>offended to find out that on a list there may be people who care enough
>>to get upset in defense of the dogs.  I mean, come on people, it is hard
>>for some of us to imagine, how the basics of avoiding pregnancy, can be
>>totally missed, even if you don't have a lot of dog experience.
>>
>>Cindy Henke

I have to agree with Cindy, but I think it is important to point out that
there isn't just "good" and "bad" breeders.  I can recognize the fact
that there are (1) unscrupulous breeders in it purely for the money, there
are also those that breed with the (2) Grandma & Grandpa affection who
feel their "kids" must be given the right to breed for the experience of
it all.  And then there are those who say; (3) "Oh, my Goodness!  I had
no idea she was pregnant.  Aren't those puppies cute!!!.
The three types I mentioned above cannot compare to the breeder who
is breeding with learned discipline to better the breed.  One who is very
conscience of the faults that must be dealt with, the responsibility of
placing in "correct" homes, not just "good" people.  A breeder who will
guarantee the responsibility of the pup should one of the "good" people
turned out not to have the "correct" home.  The responsible breeder
above all, feels that this litter bred will be to the betterment of the breed
which is the purpose to begin with.  No where can you see this more
than going to a dog show and seeing each breeder with the best
specimen they have in competition with the next.
I think Jodi kind of fell into the number three type and had no idea what
was going on.  This was carelessness on her part, she must admit.  I
have a 15 mo pyr in heat right now and it seems to me a white haired
bitch in heat is hard to miss.  The good thing that has come out of it
now is that she is getting educated real quick even though she got a
few bruises out of it.  The important thing to remember is that she, as
well as the rest of us, are still learning.

Tim Parks
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/