Re: [pyrnet] Transfer of Information

clhenke@juno.com wrote:

> I can't help but wonder, if you take a rescue dog in, and then allow her
> to become pregnant, how is that helping?

I don't think anyone said this was helping the rescue dog or the puppies.I
agree it is a mistake and would have been better had it not happened but it
did and the puppies are here and only 3 days old.How does roasting someone
over a mistake help them or the dogs?If you offend her and she leaves the
list what have you gained other than made yourself feel better for having
vented.It might make you feel good but now if the mother has milk problems or
any number of other problems for her or the puppies Jodi can take her to the
Vet if she knows when it is time or if  and has the money so it is not the
end of the worald for anyone.As far as I understand rescue does not get
involued with half- breds anyway but you have lost a person who came to the
list to learn and to meet some people with similar interest.My dogs
understand "enough".They have boundaries they respect.They are not allowed to
attack a stranger even in their boundaries unless that person threatens
someone's very life!They are not allowed to growl or threaten.They are
allowed to circle and keep a watchful eye on the intruder until they are told
otherwise.They are not allowed to attack any living thing out of boredom.It
is very clear which side of the fence you are on but if you spend a couple of
years around a show ring, you will see even those people who do know
better,do things that certainly are not for the good of the breed, We do not
live in a perfect worald,no matter what our address is.Kindness is never a
sin to man or dog.I hope this helps you to understand without offending you.

> I understand why the letter
> upset some people, and I am amazed that the people who picked up on this,
> and were most concerned, are now the ones actually getting bashed.  If
> you thought it was an innocent question, then give Jodi the advice you
> are comfortable with.  How is it actually helping Jodi now to keep
> hashing people who are just suspicious that the question wasn't quite so
> innocent

I'm trying to help you understand so the next Jodi will be around long enough
to learn .Suggestions always help.We have no right to demand.The last time I
checked I am not the police,judge or jury. I'll leave that up to someone who
knows more than I do.

> I'm sending this with love and hope that it is received that way,

June