Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: Reactions!

Barb, I absolutely agree with you, no doubt about it.  Yes, the rescue
situation, and some of the way dogs are still regarded and treated in
Texas, does add a tremendous amount to my agitation.  I know I have
become a more militant supporter of S/N since being here, as compared to
when we lived in Michigan.  That story in the GPCA bulletin on Canton is
only the tip of the iceberg, although that one flea market is a biggie.
I tell ya Barb, it really eats away at a person, seeing so much of this.
Mix or purebred, no animal deserves to be treated like that.  If people
buy them they are not assured of a decent life, and if they are not sold,
there are some awful stories that go with that.  Actually, you really do
see humans at their worst, if you get enough of this.  And those who work
endlessly to rescue, I don't think enough can be said for them.  So your
right, location may play a big part in how strongly one begins to feel
about this issue!  Thanks for mentioning that.  I think sometimes we
forget what brings us to where we are in life!  :-)  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka