Re: [pyrnet] new behavior problem

Tammy, I agree with Jan.  The only thing I would suggest before investing
in the crate is just trying to get Bonnie out for more exercise.  Pyrs.
can be pretty low key/ lethargic, between exercise bursts.  It may be all
she needs to take the edge off.  The urinating on the bed is a pretty
good indication of resentment ( unless you have some reason to think she
has a bladder infection?).  But tearing the covers up, can be her just
"nesting" the bed to her satisfaction  Once again, chewing a hole in the
mattress almost comes across as a bored-resentment.  She is probably
telling you she wants you in bed, to sleep with her!

Crates are great, and there is no problem with them, and they do work.
But I think I would try wearing her out first, unless you just want to go
out and purchase one.  Remember, even with a crate, you can't just leave
her in there all the time.  She is going to need mental and physical
stimulation either way.

I often find our bed totally torn up as my gang jump and play and twist
on it.  You kind of find yourself yelling
....."Children, quit playing on the bed!"  Ours is a water bed, so I
appreciate that they have never tried to chew it.
Of course with four to six dogs on the bed at any given time it is a
testimonial to how strong water beds really are! :-)

See if a walk or a rough game takes her edge off.   Also gives her
quality time with you.  Then maybe she will sleep as you work!  Good
Luck!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas