Re: [pyrnet] Re: AnnMarie

Sheri, If I was going to do the electric, it would be a multi strand
regular electric fence, in combination with some regular type of fencing.
 I really would not trust the invisible with a main road so close.  There
are only a few that have gotten away with it, and I question if even
those had a real strong stimulus.  If Dumpling likes people and other
dogs, that might be just what she needs to burst through the invisible
fence.  Most will stand the jolt out, but not go back in without a
reason.  Maybe by this evening you will hear from others, but I honestly
would take the real electric over an invisible.  It's tough, I know!  I
have one who can get out of the 6' gate by pushing the chain link,
stretching it, and it eventually over time works away at the ties holding
the fence to the gate, loose enough so she can squeeze between the fence
and the frame!  It took us a lot longer to figure out she was doing it,
than it did for her to come up with the idea!  One day I was delayed long
enough before leaving to actually see how she did it.  Prior to that we
were checking tops to see if there was hair, anything that could help, as
far as a hole, anything she could use inside to climb out, you name it!
We were lucky that since her brother and sisters stayed in, she never
went to far from them.  I can't begin to tell you how annoying it was to
come home and have her sitting on the outside all the time! :-)  You have
to give them a "A" for imagination!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka