Re: [pyrnet] New subscriber

Carl, my deepest respect for all you are trying to do for this girl.  She
is certainly coming to you with a lot of baggage to overcome.  Although I
expect it will be worthwhile in the end, and you will all have an extra
special bond.  Time will be the biggest healer and teacher for her.  On
lead, or in a secure place, you will have to expose her slowly and
steadily to the traffic and it's noises.  Don't over baby her, but be
there for her with a soothing word, and a steady hand.  A little at a
time.  Remember, first she has to be secure with you, and then she will
learn that you will only take her into situations where she will be ok.
Sounds like she hasn't had much reason to trust in her life, and that her
life has been a terrible experience.  In everything you do with her, it
will be a matter of building trust, and moving slow.  Thanks again, both
of you, for helping this poor girl.  I know she will repay your affection
and kindness, when she can.  Let us know what eventually happens, I am
sure this is a story we will all want to follow!  Good Luck!  Oh, and
welcome to the list!  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas