Re: [pyrnet] Greetings

Cindy and all,

I hope Gulliver does like the water!  That is something
I enjoy a lot, swimming with the dogs!  I don't care if
he fetches or not.  Three compulsive fetchers are
already pretty exhausting!  I was a little concerned
when I was reading about male Pyrs often having a hard
time getting along with other male dogs.  I prefer male
dogs, and all three of my goldens are males.  But I also
read that they tend to be tolerant of smaller breeds (I
wonder if goldens would qualify as "smaller" to him?  At
124 pounds, he outweighs them by fifty pounds!  Of
course, he needs to lose at least 24 of those pounds!)
because they worked with smaller herding dogs.  And it
sounded like they can be tolerant of males that are not
dominant, and my goldens are all very mellow.
My "understated alpha" was actually such a fearful pup
that he had a very difficult time with obedience (though
he now has his CD) and is actually fairly timid.  But he
is clever, and that's how he does things.  I hope Gully
likes toys, because we have a lot of fun playing around
here!  If he'd play tug with Sprocket, Sprocket would be
thrilled!  That is what he used to play with Sassy, and
he really misses that.

I was glad the introductions to the other dogs went
well, and I was anticipating another critical time in a
couple of weeks, when Gully gets to feeling settled in.
I've done a lot of fostering over the years, and that
seems to be the pattern.  But there hasn't been even a
hint of aggression from anyone over this, so I'm pretty
hopeful!

Lori

--
Ripley's Retrieve-It-Or-Not