Re: [pyrnet] Greetings

Jan,

I was wondering about Pyr play tendencies.  Of course,
it is hard to tell what Gulliver will do when he is
physically in better shape.  When we got Seko, the ten
year old golden a year and a half ago, he was 104 pounds
and is now 74.  He's like a different dog.  He used to
waddle, then pant, then lie down.  Now he can run and
play and not have a coronary!  Do most pyrs like to
fetch, or is Kermit the exception?  Also, Gulliver's
back teeth have an awful lot of tartar already, because
he doesn't seem to enjoy chewing, or hasn't been given
things to encourage this.  Our house is full of woobies,
kongs, nylabones, gumabones, and occasional treats of
raw beef shanks.  LOTS of chewing here!  So, we'll see
what Gully likes to do once he sees what the goldens
do.  Do Pyrs like water?  We have a pool, and the
goldens adore it!

The cockers are not now, and have never been playful.
They harumph at the other dogs and go about their
business.

I have been reading about Pyrs a lot, and talking to my
friend Rhonda who has Panda, but she only has the one
pyr to relate to, and I know that a lot of the stuff I
read about goldens sure doesn't apply to my boys, so I
figure this is the best place to ask about what Pyrs are
*really* like!

Lori

--
Ripley's Retrieve-It-Or-Not