Re: [pyrnet] Terrified of Cars -- was New subscriber

In a message dated 9/4/00 12:40:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
buslinks@cadvision.com writes:

<< She's still terrified of cars and I don't know how to help her overcome
 that. >>
In what way is she terrified of cars?  When Mother got Candy as a puppy,
Candy would not get in the car willingly.  You physically had to pick her up
to get her in the hatch of the wagon.  David worked with her for a couple
days.  At first he sat in the car and she stood outside.  Gradually he
encouraged her to look inside the car, and check it out.  Next step was
getting her feet up on the door sill, and encouraging her to get in on herown
accord.  After she was in, we didn't go anywhere -- just gave her treats and
LOTS of praise.  Finally we took a slow quiet drive around the yard (Mother
has a LARGE yard so we could do that).  Eventually, we hit the road, and it
was then that Candy realised that it wasn't so bad.  Now at nearly 11 years
of age, she's ready to go anytime Mother comes out with the lead.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC