Re: [pyrnet] Neuter.

Elaine, I have used the Low cost spay & Neuter clinic, for the last 8
animals,cats and dogs.  They go in at  7:15 A.M and may be picked up
after 4.30 in the afternoon.  His neutering today was only $25.00.  This
place is immaculate, and well run, with a really full staff to monitor
the animals.  They do 50 animals a day.  I have never had a problem
having it done there or bringing them home that quickly, and this is
especially true on the males since it is less complicated.    Out of the
group I only had
Silver react adversely to the anesthesia, and we had a difficult time
bringing her body temp up.  The staff was in contact with us with
repeated calls.  We wrapped her in blankets, my hubby cuddled with her to
share body heat.  She was slow, but came around.  The clinic was right
there on the phone with us till it was over.  I think it is very good way
to handle it, and certainly financially it is wonderful.  They also have
low cost inoculations, tests etc. as a well clinic.  I only use a Vet.
now for when the animals are really sick, not just for general well care.
 As long as a person can monitor a situation, I think overnight stays are
not necessary.  But if anyone is uncomfortable with that, then they are
probably better to stick with the Vet.  For the amount of animals that
are put through these places, and the care that is given, I think they do
speak for themselves as to the quality of the care.  Hope this helps,
Cindy.  P.S.  I worry too, but they do just fine!

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka