Re: [pyrnet] Neuter.

Cindy evidently has an excellently run low cost spay/neuter
clinic in her area. Most of them are really good. But, a word of
caution, if you don't know anything about a place in your area,
talk to people who have used it. There was a dog that came in to
my Vet's last week that had been vomiting for several days.
Breath smelled like feces. They did an x-ray and found a
blockage. Of course they assumed the 8 month old Lab had eaten
something she shouldn't have. They called the owner and the owner
told them the dog was always chewing up something! So, they did
surgery to remove the blockage. Turned out the "blockage" was
adhesions from a poorly done spay at a low cost clinic. As I said
before, most low cost spay/neuter clinics give excellent care and
have caring, experienced Vets performing the procedures. They are
a godsend to the pet over population problem. But, if you do not
know anything about the clinic in your area, ask around before
having them do the surgery.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com