[pyrnet] Metabolism, Anesthesia and Food

Hello all,

I've been reading with interest about the fact that Pyrs
are not very tolerant of anesthesia.  This is very
important to know, and I'm glad that it is being
discussed!  Why is it that Pyrs don't handle anesthesia
well?

With regard for the slow metabolism, what quantity of
food do you feed an adult male pyr who is 27" tall and
should weigh about 100 pounds?  I know it will vary a
bit from food to food, so we'll all vary somewhat, but
say a good quality premium kibble.  I feed my dogs twice
daily.  The goldens get two cups of food twice a day.
The cockers get a tad less than one cup twice a day.
What amount do you feed your Pyrs?

Lori

and the golden gang, cocker pack and GULLIVER!

--
Ripley's Retrieve-It-Or-Not
http://www.geocities.com/~goldendog