[pyrnet] Re: Ill Pyr

Carol,

What little I've learned about Addison's comes from the
fact that my 11 year old cocker, Flash, has
the "opposite" condition, Cushing's Disease.  His is
from an over-activity of part of the adrenal gland, and
Addison's is from an under-activity.  I know that
Addison's is considered much easier to treat, as it is
easier to supplement the body for the lack of the
hormone produced than it is to treat Cushings, which
involves suppressing the production.  In most cases,
they use drugs to "kill off" the adrenal gland, thereby
inducing Addison's disease instead, because it is easier
to treat.  But there is also something called
an "Addisonian Crisis," where they sort of have a mini-
crash, a cascade of symptoms, that must be treated
urgently.  That would be in a very advanced case.

So, now you know all I know! :-)  And probably more,
from all the help you'll get from all the online gang!

Lori Whitwam
WOOF1@att.net

Gulliver, the Pyr/golden wonder boy
the goldens: Ripley, Sprocket and Seko