Re: [pyrnet] Adoption of blind Pyr

In a message dated 9/16/00 1:13:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, JKW9298@aol.com
writes:

<< I am considering adopting a 6 month old
 male Pyr. This dog was born blind. >>

You need to be concerned about associated genetic problems.  Blindness is
many times associated with other problems like dwarfism and in turn there can
be multiple problems that necessitate expensive and emotionally connected
medical interventions over the years.  I would have the dog checked
completely by a vet first.  You might be opening the door to many dollars
cost and the emotional trauma associated with the problems.

Joe